In summer, hot days last and some people lose their appetite or feel not like cooking. Here is a recommended easy-cooking recipe in such summer, “maze-Gohan (mixed rice)” using Aomori’s scallops.
Ingredients [2 serving(s)]
- 360 g of cooked rice
- 80 g of boiled scallop
- 20g of carrots
- 1 sheet of abura-age (deep-fried sliced tofu)
- 20 g of hatsuyukitake (kind of nameko or Japanese unique mushroom)
- 5 g of mitsuba (Japanese wild chervil)
- 3 cm of kombu or kelp for dashi (Japanese stock)
- Seasoning (1 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of mirin (sweet liquid flavoring), 1 tbsp of soy sauce)
- Slice carrots into shreds. Put one sheet of abura-age in boiled water to remove the excess oil and cut it into shreds. Dice the boiled scallop. Broke hatsuyukitake into florets.
Tips: Cutting the ingredients into thin strips will make it easier to season them.
- Put water (appropriate amount), kombu, and carrots in a pot, and boil it. Then add boiled scallops, hatsuyukitake, abura-age and seasoning, and simmer until soaking taste into the ingredients.
- Mix rice, the ingredients in step 2 and chopped-mitsuba, and serve it.