It is a dish cooked on the event days, such as birthday and Bon (one of the Buddhist festivals in summer) or when having a guest. When you open the rice cooker, the aroma of the seashore spreads out in this luxurious cooked rice.
Ingredients [2 to 3 serving(s)]
- 2 cups Uruchimai, non-glutinous rice, or ordinary rice
- 1/2 cup Mochigome, glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup steamed sea urchin
- A dollop of shiso (green perilla)
・25~35cc soy sauce
・1 and 1/2 tbsp mirin
・1 and 1/2 tbsp sake
・1/2~1 tsp salt
- Wash and rinse uruchimai and mochigome together, and let it soak in a basic amount of water for about 30 minutes.
Tips: Mixing mochigome, even when cold, does not fall apart and is sticky and tasty
- Before cooking the rice in step 1, add sea urchin and seasoning.
- When cooked, serve in the bowl and sprinkle shiso over it.