Boasting the largest catch of squid in Japan (2015), Aomori prefecture has a diversity of dishes using squid. One of the most beloved dishes by locals is the “Ika no Goro Miso-ni.”
It can be enjoyed as is, accompanied with mayonnaise or with chives.
Ingredients [5 serving(s)]
- 3 squids (Pacific flying squid)
- 2 squids’ innards (goro)
- 1 tbsp of miso
- 1 tbsp of sake
- A small amount of oil
- Remove the tentacles and innards out of the body cavity.
Tip: Use a fresh squid as this recipe uses the innards.
- Carefully detach the ink sac that is attached to the innards. Cut the innards at the cartilage on the tentacles’ joint.
- Rinse the body and tentacles and blanch the parts.
- Slice the body into rings, and cut the tentacles into bite-size.
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook the innards together with miso and sake.
- Add the body and tentacles to the pan and cook a little more.
Tip: Stir frequently over medium to low heat as it burns easily.