Aomori is the number one prefecture of shipping of burdocks in Japan, and they ship mainly through autumn to winter. Here is the recipe of a healthy and satisfying "Atsuage (thick fried tofu) Steak with Beef and Burdock," using burdock, which is rich in dietary fiber.
Ingredients [4 serving(s)]
- 120g Aomori beef
- 2 (280g) atsuage
- 1/2 (80g) burdock
- 1/2 (40g) middle-size carrot
- 2 portions (80g) of mustard spinach
- 2 tsp salad oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 tbsp aka-miso
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1/2 tsp white sesame
- Cut the beef into bite-size, peel burdock and carrot, and shave them. Cut mustard spinach roughly into 4 cm.
- Stir fry the beef in a frying pan with sesame oil, and add burdock, carrot and stem of mustard spinach and cook well. In addition to leaf parts of mustard spinach, add sugar, aka-miso and sake, and cook to taste them.
- Place the cooked ingredients at the edge of the pan, put Atsuage in the blank space and stir fry it with salad oil until browned. Serve on the dish and sprinkle white sesame.
Links“AOMORI Otonano Ouchi Gohan Book (home cooking book for seniors)”
This recipe is supervised by Shibata Gakuen University and published in the “AOMORI Otonano Ouchi Gohan Book (home cooking book for seniors)” .