“Namasu (vinegared dish)” is necessary for festive occasions such as “Osechi (New Year's cuisine).” It is a side dish that can be easily made in everyday cooking. The recipe using salted kombu (kelp) and sweet vinegar is an all-purpose sauce, so it will also be delicious if you change the ingredients to cabbage or Chinese cabbage.
Ingredients [4 serving(s)]
- 1 (150g) carrot
- 150g daikon (giant white radish)
- 1/2 (3g) tsp salt
・5g salted kombu
・3 tbsp vinegar
・1 tbsp honey
- Peel the carrot and daikon and slice them into shreds.
- Put the carrot, daikon, and salt, rub them and leave it about for 10 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients [A] to make a mixture of seasoning.
- Squeeze carrot and daikon’s moisture tightly, and mix well the seasoning, then serve it!