“Shiso Miso” is a preserved food with the fragrance of shiso, which is useful for dishes finishing with miso, such as stir-fried dishes, simmered dishes, miso rice balls, and more.
- 250g shiso leaves (perilla)
- 250g miso
- 50g brown sugar
- 25cc sake
- 50cc mirin
- 50cc vegetable oil
- Shred shiso and rinse with water to remove impurities.
- Grease the pan and stir-fry shiso. Turn to medium heat, add miso, and stir-fry moreover.
- Lower the heat, add mirin and sake, and mix. Stir-fry like simmering to dry off the water.
- When water is almost gone, add brown sugar and mix well.