It is a dish that tastes thorough with the “umami” of the rich “Shijimi” (Japanese freshwater clam) broth, making it highly satisfying even if the seasoning is light. By stir-frying, the vegetables and shrimp also give the broth, making this dish simple in flavor and allowing you to enjoy the taste of the ingredients.
Ingredients [2 serving(s)]
- 100g Shijimi (Japanese freshwater clam) *Frozen clam is recommended.
- 50g Sayaingen or Hiraingen (green beans)
- 100g (approx. 5) shrimp (Peeled shrimp for home use/tiger shrimps of 16 to 20 size)
- 200g (1/2) onion
- 50 ml sake
- Pinch of salt (1~1.5 g)
- 1 g (1/2 tsp) pepper
- Cornstarch for preparation as needed
- Cut green beans into 2 cm lengths.
- Cut onion into six equal wedges.
- Remove the shell and vein of the shrimp. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the shrimp, rub, and drain water.
- Put frozen clams and sake in the pot and steam it.
- When the clams are open, add green beans, onion, shrimp, and stir-fry until no soup is left.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
- Serve it on a dish.