During the rainy season, people tend to have gastrointestinal problems. At such times, you’d better take foods that support gastrointestinal functions. Daikon radish relives stomach upset, heaviness, and nausea. Adding nameko mushrooms and mackerel, which help to improve the condition of a weak stomach and intestines, makes it even more effective. It is a recommended dish when your stomach feels a bit queasy.
Ingredients [2 serving(s)]
- 300g Daikon radish
- 1 pack of Nameko mushrooms
- 1 canned mackerel in water
- Scallion (as you like)
- 1 bag of Dashi Packet
- 300cc water
- 1.5 tbsp mirin (sweet cooking sake)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake
- 200g Somen (thin wheat noodles)
- Put water in the pot, tear the bag of Dashi Packet and add it.
- When it comes to boiling, add nameko mushrooms, mirin, sugar, soy sauce, and sake.
- After boiling, add canned mackerel, including its soup, and turn off the heat.
- Grate the daikon radish and drain its moisture.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, place the noodles, cook them, then rinse with water and drain it.
- Place the noodles in the dish and pour the broth.
- Serve it by topping with grated radish and scallion.