Today, we are introducing a recipe for unique pumpkin pudding, using soy milk and konbu (kelp) dashi to bring out the taste of pumpkin. The Umami of konbu dashi accentuates the sweetness of the pumpkin. So, it is a suitable dessert for little children.
Ingredients [5 serving(s)]
- 1/5 (200g) pumpkin
- 250ml soy milk (unsweetened)
- 5g konbu
- 30g sugar
- 5g gelatin
- 50ml water
- Maple syrup as you like
- Pumpkin seeds and wolfberries to taste
- Put konbu in the soy milk and leave it overnight to make dashi.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into an appropriate size.
- Cover the pumpkin in a heat-resistant bowl with plastic wrap, then heat it in a 600W microwave for four minutes to soften.
- Put gelatin in water to soften.
- Cover the soy milk soup stock using konbu with plastic wrap and heat it in a 600W microwave for 90 seconds.
- Take out the konbu from soy milk, add gelatin and sugar, and heat it in a 600W microwave for one minute.
- Put pumpkin and heated soy milk (in step 6) in a mixer and stir it.
- Put in a heat-resistant cup and chill in the refrigerator for about an hour until they solidify.
- Add maple syrup if desired and top with pumpkin seeds or wolfberries.